Comments on design by architect Ketut Arthana:
"Architecture is actually an element of nature….it is found everywhere, reflecting the natural beauty that surrounds us. Like an enchanting woman… visible, yet elusive. The Villas of Cielo Santo are designed as a celebration - an integration - of beauty, comfort and the vital elements of nature."
After studying the character of the surrounding land, beach and jungle over a period of six years, Mr. Arthana selected locations and developed individual designs to emphasize the property's natural beauty. The result is a remarkable combination of understated elegance and simplicity in tropical living.
Through the judicious yet generous use of open space, ingeniously balanced to achieve accessibility and privacy, one feels - rather than sees - why the unseen is equally as important as the physical elements of design.
In creating The Villas of Cielo Santo, the primary requirements of simplicity and scale were maintained to create a luxurious yet informal environment for living, precisely suited to the tropical surroundings of Costa Rica's central Pacific coastal region.
Model Villa features include
- 3,000 square feet under roof with open living areas, three bedrooms, three full, and two quarter-baths
- Exterior garden showers
- 2,800 square feet of exterior ironwood decking featuring a covered dining pavilion
- Infinity-edge suspended swimming pool
- Lighted lotus pond with connecting ironwood crossover bridges
- Sliding glass window-walls shaded by oversize ironwood shingle roofing in all rooms
- Fully furnished interior with appointments by international designers Carlo Pessina, Warisan, Jim Thompson, Ketut Lunduh and Made Wijaya
- Black granite kitchen counter tops and central work island with solid teak cabinetry
- Stainless steel kitchen appliances by Jenn-aire, Kitchen Aid, Bosch and GE
- Bathrooms featuring black granite counters, handmade copper wash basins, merbau, coconut and binkerai cabinetry, Italian marble walls and flooring
- Large handmade copper soaking tubs enclosed in solid teak cabinetry
- Fixtures and hardware by HansGrohe and Hafele
- Custom wardrobes and additional large storage area
- Brazilian slate and Italian travertino flooring
- Ceiling fans and ducted air conditioning throughout
- Data and communications cabling throughout
- Private entrance with silent electric cart access and secure parking
- Laundry with GE washer and dryer
- Maintenance, management and security
Additional Custom Features Available
One to five bedrooms, customized living and private areas, "smart" climate control systems, custom kitchens, servant quarters and parking access, custom furnishings from the Pacific Rim, Central and South America.